~ Tips to guarantee natural “just off the beach” color ~
AIRBRUSH SPRAY TAN
An Airbrushing session takes about 10-15 minutes to get a full body spray. We use a product that has a cosmetic bronzer in it, so you will see immediate results. Bronzers are used to add instant color to the skin, evening out tones and hiding imperfections. The bronzers are water soluble and will wash out of most ordinary fabrics. In 1-3 days the bronzer will wash off of your skin and you will be left with a beautiful golden color resulting from the effects of the DHA. DHA does not make your skin or your skin cells darker in pigmentation. It reacts solely with the free aminos stored within the natural body oils. When the reaction occurs, the acids turn a slight brown color, this will start in about 4 hours after application. It will continue to darken for up to 18 hours. The color you achieve is a perfect blend of your natural skin tone along with the reaction of the DHA.
WE USE NORVELL FOR OUR PRODUCTS. Here’s why…
* Natural Color Results For Any Skin Type. Norvell formulations offer a beautiful instant bronze with a smooth transition to a natural DHA tan. Results are natural across a broad spectrum of skin shades and tones.
* Not Just A Tan, it’s a healthy skin treatment too. Skin firming formula builds and restores the skins’ matrix, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The highly concentrated antioxidant blend combats daily skin damage.
* Guaranteed Fast Drying, Non-Sticky and Streak-Free Formula
* Lasting Results. Clients can expect 5-7 days of gorgeous “just off the beach” color with proper maintenance. An even color fade ensures complete customer satisfaction.
24-48 HOURS PRIOR TO SESSION
* Exfoliate. Exfoliate. Exfoliate. We cannot overstress the importance of pre-session exfoliation. 24-hours prior to your appointment, clear away any dry, dead skin cells with a pH balancing scrub such as Norvell Amber Sun Body Scrub. This will keep your tan more even while helping your tan to last longer.
* Protect your skins pH levels! Avoid using bar soaps, high pH shower products, or in shower moisturizers within 24 hours of your session. These products can neutralize the DHA bronzing reaction within the skin. Your color results from your session are directly related to the pH levels in your skin. This is what will get you that golden tan, so this step is VERY important! The lower the pH level of your skin, the more golden brown the tan will turn. Also, if the skin’s acidity is too high, exfoliate will occur more rapidly.
* Hair Removal. Any depilatory creams, waxing or shaving should be completed 24-thours prior to your session.
DAY OF SESSION
* Don’t Create Sunless Barriers. Avoid applying anything to the skin that may act as a barrier between the sunless solution and the skin. Deep penetration of the solution is key to beautiful lasting color. Do not apply lotions, creams, or perfumes prior to session. Use deodorant sparingly.
* Remove any make-up prior to the sunless application.
* Arrive Prepared. Wear loose fitting dark colored clothing and remove jewelry. Tight clothing can rub or smear bronzers, especially around the knees, elbows, chest and waist.
IMMEDIATELY PRIOR TO SESSION
* Optimize pH Levels. We use xLaTan pH balancing spray to stabilize the skins’ pH level as well as to provide a quick surge of moisture within the skin. Having the proper skin pH boosts DHA development, speeding result times and resulting in a deeper, darker tan. Having a stable skin pH combats the dreaded “orange effect.” This spray is included in your session!
* Forget to exfoliate? Pressed for time? We have Norvell’s eXmitt pre-tan body buff to instantly clear away any dead skin cells, clean the skin of any barriers, and balance the pH level of the skins surface. Infused with proprietary pH balancing formula, the eXmitt is designed to gently exfoliate and buff the skin while accelerating DHA color development without the need for water.
AFTER SESSION CARE
* Once dry, we apply Trigger Effect to add moisture, seal sunless results and boost the DHA reaction. This is included in our sessions.
* You should refrain from showering as long as possible (up to 24-hours). As with all DHA products, sunless color begins showing development approximately 4-hours after application and continues to darken for up to 24-hours. If you must shower during the 4 to 24-hours following the application, WARM WATER RINSE ONLY. The use of soap can inhibit the full development of DHA color.
* Important: Cosmetic instant bronzers will wash away during the first shower. It is not the actual tan resulting from the DHA that you will see washing off. The bronzers are temporary and will wash off!
* Pools and spas that utilize chlorine can cause fading.
* When showering after 24-hours, use only a mild pH balancing shower gel. Refrain from using scrubs or high pH soaps as these will strip away your sunless color.
* Extend and build color between sessions with a daily application of Pro-Long color extending moisturizer. Need Touch-ups? Use 4-Faces or any other self-tanning product between full sessions.
More product information at: NorvellSunless.com